Monday 21 May 2012

To Queenstown for a night of drinks and setting up for Milford Sound

So we woke up in the middle of some gorges and there was a small creek down a small hill from where we camped. For some reason I didn't take any pictures of our camping spot. We packed the ole Sassin Saab (it may have been our best pack yet, as far as organization goes) and continued on to Queenstown where we had signed up to do a pub crawl called the Kiwi crawl and we were going to get everything figured out for Milford Sound and hopefully find a cheap motel.

View of the gorge we were driving through

Jet boat going through the gorge. If I had the funds this would have been a must.
There were lots and lots of wineries around the south island. Very beautiful. Another thing I would have done if I had the funds
 
Hard to see cause my camera was screwing up but there was  sheep road block as a farmer and his dog were moving them down the road! I'll see if I can get a better picture from the other guys.


The view from the porch of our motel.



Inside the motel

This is downtown Queenstown. Not the greatest picture but whatever.




Well we made it to Queenstown with a slight bump in the road when the sheep were crossing but that was actually more fun than it was a burden. As you can see in the pictures we did get a motel but only for four people so I had to kind of sneak around, BUT we got a good deal! Our clothes could finally be hung out and catch some sunshine. We also were finally able to take a nice warm shower which felt so good. It was our time to recharge and prepare for the Kiwi crawl that night. We toured around the town for a bit, checked out some shops and booked our Milford Sound boat tour. Gabe and I also did a little luging but thats about it. Then we basically just waited for night to come. When it did we met up with some of our American friends, who were also touring the south island, that we knew from Uni (that's what they call college here, University), and began the crawl. We went around to like 5 different bars and got a free "drink" at each of them (they were quite small). We also got pizza too. The coolest one was the ice bar where we got to have a delicious drink out of a glass made of ice. Other than that there isn't much else to tell about it. I could get into details but I don't think its really necessary. Anyways the next morning we were headed to Milford Sound and we had to be up bright and early. For some reason the nights we drank we always had to get up early the next day. Weird. The date was 4/12/12 (12/4/12).

So I guess I found some pictures of the ice bar, I think they are self explanatory: 











No comments:

Post a Comment