Sunday 17 June 2012

Horseback riding

So we had been wanting to do something for quite sometime (we were kind of being lazy and stuck in Hamilton) and Katie and Autumn had been dying to do some horseback riding ever since we got back from the south island. So we found a pretty good deal where we could go horseback riding for two hours and we only would have to pay $35. I was definitely in since I was itching to get out and explore more of New Zealand. Not to mention the ranch was only about a half hour drive and was right at the edge of Hamilton. Aaaaah the joys of living in paradise, you don't have to go too far to see beauty. The only thing was that we woke up late and were nearly too late but we made it.
We got there, paid and signed the waiver. We were then each were assigned a horse. I got Olive. D.J. got Kiki. Damien got Bambina. Katie got Socksy. Autumn got Amber . . . yup just Amber. The sweetest thing was that my horse was like a foot taller than all the others. It was nice being up on the high horse. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera because it was misting out so I have to borrow all the pictures from Facebook. Although it was misty we got to see like a million rainbows which simply added to the gorgeous views. We rode through a lot of Waikato ranch land passing sheep, goats and cows. It was very green and peaceful. It was a little muddy but that made it more interesting when we went down steep hills. Sometimes the horses would slide a few meters on their hooves!


Damien, D.J. and Katie on their horses

D.J. and I led the whole way.







Olive and I

Rainbow

Horseback riding was a lot of fun and it really makes me want to ride horses much more when I get home. Its so relaxing. I must say Olive and I made one good team. 

I'm glad I got to go on this adventure.

Date 6/9/12 (9/6/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment