Sunday 17 June 2012

FINALS WEEK

So this past week we had no papers (classes) and it is known as study week here at Waikato Uni. The reason for this is that finals are generally worth around 50% of your grade so studying is critical. Not to mention both my finals are essays. In physiology my final is worth 60% and in Ecology it is worth 50%. Basically on Friday and Saturday I will have 3 hours for each class to right 5 essays for my comparative  physiology paper and 4 essays for my Ecology paper. In my physiology essays I will have to cover about all the systems of the body and in Ecology I have to answer questions regarding population dynamics, ecosystem structures, nutrition cycles (biogeochemistry), and aspects of biogeography.
Yes it sucks but I kind of like it because it is absolutely forcing me learn all the material and that is exactly what I want. Not to mention this stuff is quite interesting. In my ecology class a lot of the examples and ecosystems we learned about were generally related to New Zealand which made the lectures quite interesting. Being able to visit and study a few ecosystems for class was a great experience (even if I was half drunk for the marine field trip since it was my 21st, but I still got a 90% on the lab report!) I will admit though it was hard at times because the kiwi students knew all the vegetation and species since they basically grew up with this stuff around them where as all this stuff was new to me. It would be just like me learning about trees and species and such in Minnesota.
Anyways, so I have a lot of studying to do this week. It will be well worth it and I look forward to the many hours in the library I have ahead of me. (the library is only open til 9! and 6 on the weekends!) Then on Saturday we got tickets to the All Blacks game vs. Ireland so that should be a great way to begin my final week in NZ.

Oh yeah, I have no class any more just my final on Friday and Saturday then my last week is completely free!

No comments:

Post a Comment